Thursday, August 13, 2009

STREET STYLE: "Hair, Hair, Hair... " -New York Times Article

I happened to pick up a copy of the New York Times today and found the Style section really interesting. The article chronicles the recent phenomena extreme and retro hairstyles that have more frequently been popping up around the city and Brooklyn. I love what's happening here! I have certainly also noticed some shaved bottoms/top mushroom cuts, mohawks or 'faux-hawks' and long, I-just-rolled-out-of-bed hair around the streets and parties. For a long period of time I feel like guys haven't been having enough fun with their looks- and this article brings up perfect classic rock idols from other decades, mostly the 1960's, 70's & 80's for their inspiration. Speaking of needing inspiration- check out dontjudgemyhair.com for some really "creative" 'dos.





Photo: Hiroko Masuike for The New York Times


Photo: Hiroko Masuike for The New York Times



No comments: