Sunday, June 20, 2010

RUNWAY REPORT: RESORT 2011

It's that time of the year when designers squeeze in that little delivery called resort...I like resort because it's like a free card. You can carry over a little bit of what was done for fall, as well as give a hint at what is to come for spring. I love that time of the year when you can pretend its summer and pull out spring pieces, but in reality, still need that coat/scarf/sweater to layer in.


Here are my fave looks from this season:



I love the color palette here, the khaki/taupe/salmon/cranberry/black/white. The outerwear and tailoring is so clean, and the cape is something I predict will become more important. The lace shorts are perfectly feminine and masculine at the same time.







The subtle color contrasts are understated and effortless, but the draped polka dot print gives the collection a fun personality.







I love me the Olsens, and as usual, everything from the Row is so wearable. I do have to disclaim my slight apprehension to their 90's vibe with the layered long dress over the shirt...but I will take that second button down dress please, thank you.








Alber Elbaz, you devil. How did you know I was in the market for python....everything?? Visor, swimsuit, dress, pumps, purse, tote, and rolling suitcase? Every look here is a major win in my book.







This collection stayed truest to its 'resort' roots, but I still really enjoy the Americana glam-ness, also the khaki/cape thing again. Like it.







This collection is sophisticated and classic is a completely current way. I love the return to true fashion icons- red, black, white, lace, and leopard. Those things just do not go out of style.








Such a majorly tres chic Parisian, It-girl collection. I love the trench and double-lapel jacket. The oversize, sheer button down also makes another appearance here.







Alexander Wang. I am really feeling the color choices here as well. This Ox Blood color is amazing, and paired with the nude are both highly approved. The deconstructed feeling to the skirts and dresses is interesting also.


ALL PHOTOS: STYLE.COM

1 comment:

Daniella said...

i am loving the wang resort!!